Oct 09 , 2020
34 Fab Social Media Tips
1.What’s your social media goal? If you don’t know where you want to go, it’s pretty hard to get there.
2.Promote your most popular posts – and that goes for blog posts as well as social media posts.
3 If you hate tracking, at least track with Facebook Insights. It’ll show you a lot about your Page progress.
4.How do you get the conversation going on social media?
5.Try humor and controversy. They’re very powerful.
Social media is a powerful thing, but never mistake fooling around with being productive. Stay focused!
6. Click FB Insights’ “Posts>When Your Fans are Online” to see your audience’s peak posting times. (Post during these times!)
7.Look for questions repeated over and over on your chosen social networks. Provide the definitive answer.
8.Analyze your own tweets. Which types got most retweeting? Most Interaction? Questions, graphics, etc
9.Don’t be shy with your social media presence. Go for it – but be authentic – and be social!
10.Still trying to be everyone’s Social media “friend”? Each connection counts – and speaks loudly about who you are to your other connections, so choose your "friends" wisely
11. If you want your social content to social content to attract, do your best to share quality tips that are really unique
12. Make sure you speak with an identifiable, individual voice when posting social content. Your posts should never sound “canned”.
13.Be consistent and post regularly during your audience’s peak posting times on any social networks you’ve chosen to frequent.
14. Make sure to utilize, Pinterest, TikTok, & Drupe. I see alot of my clients sleeping on these platforms. Potentially missing out on some strong revenue
15. Posts people skip most? Highly personal negative posts complaining about illness and problems. (Do you agree?)
16. Include a mix of rich media in your social content. Video, photos, Video streams on Twitter; Instagram videos on Facebook, etc
17. Be sure you don’t use any banned hashtags with your Instagram photos or videos: you can learn more about that here:
18. Remember that Instagram hashtags are not case-sensitive and don’t work with spaces or special characters.
19. If your preferred social platform doesn’t have good native analytics, look for third party sites that provide it.
20. Give your new product campaign a name – and start talking about it on your social media.
21.Make sure all new product posts are made regularly. Don’t let gaps occur. Keep it fresh in people’s minds (without overdoing it.)
22. Don’t tell everyone too much at once about your upcoming project. Mystery breeds interest! Hints and teasers are part of the fun.
23. Use surveymonkey.com to create free surveys. You can ask questions for your new product idea and share the link on social media.
24. If you’re advertising on Facebook, remember your ad images, including the thumbnail, cannot include more than 20% text.
25. Take advantage of the fact you can now use text, arrows and calls to action in Facebook Cover –photos.
Facebook Profile photos are square and display at 160 x 160 pixels – but remember Facebook wants you to upload at 180 x 180.
26. At the very least, include a Facebook app tab leading to your sign-up page or form (and use a clear, easy-to-read call to action.)
27. You can display 3 custom app tabs of your choice in your Facebook header section. Make the most of this “real estate”!
28. Only your short description displays in your Facebook header section, but fill out your Profile 100% for max searchability.
29. Select “Replies On” in your Page Admin panel “Manage Permissions” section to increase the conversation on your Page.
30. If you consistently get endorsements that are not relevant on LinkedIn, be aware you can remove endorsements completely.
31. Check “Who’s Viewed Your Profile” in LinkedIn to see who is finding you – as well as the keywords they used.
32. In your LinkedIn Privacy and Settings page, "Select what others see when you've viewed their profile” to keep it private - or not.
33. In Google+ posts, encase text in asterisks for bold and underscore it to create italics. (Share this tip!)
Did you know Google+ makes animated .GIFs from your photos? Just type the keyword “motion” in your Photos section to find them.
34. Use the Google+ Ripples feature to track your posts by clicking the top-right arrow in your post.
There you have it Fabulizers! 34 Tips to help you in your 'Social Media Game'
Stay Financially Fit & Fabulous Y'all!
To download a copy of these tips go here: